Finding a quality Bluetooth headset is essential for truck drivers. As a professional driver, the long hours on the road are demanding, both on the mind and the body. Having a functional, hands-free device for phone calls, music, or podcasts keeps you safe and energized. And because truckers work hard, you need a device that is comfortable and durable enough to keep up with you.
Here are 5 of our favorites:
- BlueParrott B450-XT
- Plantronics Voyager Legend
- AMINY Bluetooth Headset
- New Bee Bluetooth Earpiece
- ICOMTOFIT Bluetooth Headset
My 5 Best Bluetooth Headsets for Truckers
A Bluetooth headset is a must-have for truckers. Spending all day on the road, you need a hands-free way to keep in touch. Using a Bluetooth headset is not just for music. We can also talk to our loved ones, dispatchers, and listen to news and podcasts.
Therefore, truck drivers should invest in a good Bluetooth headset. The following are some of our favorites.
The BlueParrott B450 is one of my favorite Bluetooth headsets that has large parts like the headband and earcups that are bulky. However, these significant parts are among the main reasons why this device has excellent noise reduction technology. The device comes with a user manual, Micro-USB cable for charging, and mic foam ear cushions.
To maximize our control and usage of this device, we should download the app called BlueParrott Push. It allows us to customize the multi-function button, turn our equipment into a walkie-talkie, and use the voice calls memo.
What we love:
- Cozy ear cups
- Easy to charge
- Can talk to the phone while charging
- Noise reduction technology
- More than 10 hours of battery life
- High-end microphone
- The function button is customizable
- Pairable with multiple devices
What we dislike:
- Mediocre app
- Feels uncomfortable wearing it for a long time
- Bulky headband and earcups
- This device offers up to 30-foot Bluetooth With this secure connection, we are sure that it will not cause any problems as we listen to our favorite music or talk to our loved ones. We can keep our hands on the steering wheel and focus on the road.
- It has an impressive noise cancellation, which blocks 96 percent of the background road noise. For this reason, even if it is noisy around us, we can still hear the person at the opposite end of the line.
- It makes use of the VoiceControlTM feature that allows hands-free operation. We can keep our hands on the wheels and control our device with this technology.
- The Parrott ButtonTM allows us to customize the controls of the Bluetooth headset, which makes controlling our device easier.
The Plantronics Voyager is one of the few boom headsets in the market that less bulky in size compared to similar products of the same features. Although the microphone is a bit larger, it is not flimsy. There are arm buttons strategically placed so that we can easily reach for them for controlling upcoming and outgoing phone calls.
Plantronics Voyager is the device that we can count on when it comes to comfort and audio quality and phone calls quality, although not built for fashion. The plastic material feels premium, which proves that it is well-crafted and dependable. The placement of the controls is intuitive, wherein we can easily reach them while we are driving.
What we love:
- Comfortable to wear
- Intuitive controls
- High-end audio quality
What we dislike:
- The boom arm is bulky
- Not fashionable
- An audio seal is not tight
- Plantronics Voyager uses a smart sensor that is highly intuitive. Upon wearing the device, the Bluetooth headset allows us to (connectivity range)connect quickly to answer calls without the touch of a finger. If it is already on, the device announces who is making the calls. We can choose to ignore or answer it just by using words.
- Just by pressing a button, we can talk to a voice assistant, whether it is Cortana, Siri, or Google. With this feature, we can control our device better while we keep our hands on the steering wheel.
- Plantronics Voyager makes use of the p2i technology, which protects the device from moisture and sweat that can damage it. For this reason, we do not have to worry about the rain creating moisture in the equipment nor the hot weather that may cause us to sweat on this Bluetooth headset.
What makes this Bluetooth earbud phone a part of my favorite lists is because of its compatibility. We can connect it to all types of Bluetooth Android or iOS devices, no matter what the brand is. It makes use of the UFO headset so that the Bluetooth headset can sit firmly on our ears.
The device offers secure connectivity without causing any issues. It produces Hi-Fi audio that provides clear and crisp music and sound quality. We also do not have to worry about wearing it on a hot summer or rainy days because it is IPX6 water-resistant.
What we love:
- Supports all types of Bluetooth devices
- Hi-Fi audio
- Intelligent design for comfort and fit
- A clear and crisp voice control
What we dislike:
- Unusable when charging
- Volume button is not intuitive
- The two batteries are replaceable. We can easily change the damaged cells anytime.
- It has a built-in HD microphone and UFO Bluetooth headset that allows us to hear HiFi sound, whether voice control or music. We can listen to those people we are talking to on the opposite end of the line.
- It charges fast. It only takes one to two hours to get a full charge. With this charging time, we can already enjoy 8 hours of talk time, which is already handy in our 9 to 5 job on the road.
- It supports all Bluetooth Whether your device is iOS or Android, as long as it supports Bluetooth connectivity, you will not have a problem using this Bluetooth headset on your device.
The New Bee Bluetooth Earpiece is an excellent Bluetooth headset to use when you own two gadgets, and you need to connect to them at the same time. This device can connect up to two at the same time. Additionally, we can select among three colors available in the market.
This simple earpiece has a lot of features that truck drivers will find useful. This device is an excellent companion for us when we have to drive on the road, even for 12 hours. We can easily hear the person on the opposite end of the line because it produces a clear and crisp sound quality.
What we love:
- Three color variations
- noise cancellation
- Three ear cushion
What we dislike:
- Average sound quality
- It has noise cancellation. Even if it is noisy around us, we do not have to worry about missing what the other person is saying.
- It makes use of bluetooth headphones, which is the latest technology that ensures a secure connection.
- It connects up to two devices at the same time. This feature is handy when we own two devices, and we have to use a Bluetooth headset on each of them. We do not have to buy another earpiece to tend to phone calls on both devices.
- It takes pride in its long battery life. This device can last up to 3 months on standby. It can provide up to 10 hours of music playtime and 12 hours of talk time.
The ICOMTOFIT contains all the qualities that wireless bluetooth headphones should have. It offers a secure connection, above-average sound quality, noise cancellation, and more. truck drivers can even answer phone call hands-free.
It contains the features that all truckers need.
What we love:
- Comfortable fit
- Supports voice control voice assistants like Google Now and Siri
- Excellent battery life
- Fast charging
- Sleek design
What we dislike:
- Stops sometimes
- It offers long battery life with fast charging. We only have to wait less than an hour for it to fully charged. After that, we can enjoy 10 hours of talk time and more than 8 hours of music listening. If on standby, this device can last up to more than two months.
- This device only weighs 0.5 ounce, which makes it comfortable to wear, even for long hours of driving.
- It makes use of advanced mic noise cancellation, which ensures that the audio quality you hear is clear and crisp without any hint of background noise.
- It has a bluetooth 4.1 connection bluetooth range of up to 33-feet, which only proves that the connection is stable and robust as you use it while you are driving your truck.
- It allows us to connect up to two gadgets at the same time. If you own two gadgets and you have to use both of them for calls and music, you can just use one bluetooth headset, and this device is it.
- The buttons’ location is intuitive. The buttons for volume, power, or mute function are separate from each other, which makes it easier for us to control and find them.
How Did I Come Up with My List of Products?
I picked these products based on sound quality, user-friendliness, comfort, battery life, warranty, and noise-canceling features.
If you are going to look for the best Bluetooth headset for Truck drivers for yourself, here’s what to consider before making your purchase.
Because you need to drive all day, your device should last all day. It is ideal to have a talk time of 6 hours or more. However, it’s still up to your needs of how long you usually stay on the road, and how long you think you will be using your headset.
Of course, the longer the battery lasts, the better.
The Comfort It Can Provide
As a truck driver, it is your job to stay on the road all day. Being on the road can be monotonous at times, and sometimes listening to good music, talking with a friend, or listening to the news is a good way to pass time.
For maximum comfort, make sure to use a Bluetooth headset because you don’t want the cords to interfere with your driving. Yes, Bluetooth headsets need charging, but you will realize that it is worth the money because you do not have to distract yourself from detangling yourself from the cords as you drive.
Also, make sure to pick the headset that has a fitting ear cushion. You do not want to lose your headset while you are driving because it falls off your ears. Also, poor-fitting headsets feel tiring to the ears. You will not last long wearing an ill-fitting headset.
Driving keeps you busy, and there is no chance that you have the time to go to a nearby outlet to ask for repair. For this reason, it is advisable to look for a product that offers a warranty of over a year.
Headset companies are offering a two-year warranty plus possible replacement. Look at this as the minimum acceptable warranty. If you can find a headset with a 3+ year warranty, all the better.
The primary purpose of a headset is for you to be able to converse clearly and audibly. This is possible if your headset has an excellent noise-cancellation technology. The active noise reduction (noise-cancelling technology) feature works when a headset analyzes the noise around us, processes it, and uses it to dampen the sound volume to produce less noise.
As a result, talking with people at the end of the line will be clear and smoother because there is less background noise to muddles their voice.
Headset’s Voice Command Feature
Having the voice command feature is the main reason why you choose to buy a headset for driving conditions. You do not want to keep your hands off the wheel; that is why you need a headset that is controllable with voice commands.
You can simply ask the assistant to notify you for answering calls, rejecting calls, and checking battery level.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Safe to Wear a Headset While Driving?
If you compare using a headset with using the phone alone, the answer is yes. The headset is safer than texting or making calls on your phone while driving.
Driving accidents due to phone usage happen because it distracts you from driving. It keeps your eyes off the road because you are looking at who is texting or calling you. You keep your hand off the steering wheel because you need to press some buttons on your phones, and your attention is not on the road.
Using a headset is, in fact, a better option when you need to answer calls while driving. Using a headset ensures that your eyes are always on the road. Many Bluetooth headsets are controllable by a voice that allows your hands to remain on the wheel.
However, the problem is attention. You should not distract yourself with incoming calls and texts, because there is a limitation on what a headset can do to aid your cellphone usage while driving.
Therefore, it is always best to keep your calls limited as you drive.
Can I Use an Audio Device Other Than a Headset?
The answer is up to you. As long as you are not violating driving laws in your country or state, you are good to go. However, if you are going to ask what I prefer, a headset is better than other audio devices.
First of all, let us be clear about the difference between headphones, earphones, and headsets because many people use these words interchangeably.
In its most basic form, headphones are two speakers connected with a headband. However, because of the advancement of today’s technology, it offers several features like a built-in microphone and noise-cancelling technology.
Headphones are the best option if your main goal is to immerse yourself with what you are listening to, because of its advanced noise cancelling technology that you cannot find in other audio quality devices.
Earphones, on the other hand, are an innovation on bulky headphones. While the headphones are large, the earphones are smaller devices that you insert into your ear canal. Because of the ears’ closer contact to the source of sound, it allows less air movement. For this reason, earphones are highly advisable for music lovers because of the one-of-a-kind sound quality it provides.
However, for a truck driver who has to answer calls from people without touching your phone, wearing a headset is a better option. A headset is like a headphone with a microphone attached to it. It is an ideal device to use if you find yourself always answering calls or communicating with other people.
Are Bluetooth Headsets Bad for Your Health?
The answer is no.
Understandably, many people worry about the radiation that Bluetooth emits. However, if you think that Bluetooth devices are bad for your health, there are a lot of studies to show this is not the case.
The American Cancer Society did thorough research regarding this matter. It concluded that there is no link between health issues and usage of a cellphone.
If you compare with headsets, smartphones and cellphones emit stronger radiation because it relays a signal that can reach farther distances. However, Bluetooth headsets only have to transmit to your phone, which is usually about a 30-foot range.
That is why it is not surprising the experts recommend the use of headsets instead of using your phone directly. Using a headset decreases radiation exposure significantly compared to direct cell phone use.
The products I chose are based on personal preference and user feedback. I like my picks due to the features they offer, including long battery life, excellent sound quality, responsive voice commands, and more.
However, you can always choose an alternative product yourself, especially if the above-mentioned devices are out of your budget, or are not sold by your favorite retailer. What is essential is finding the best Bluetooth headset for truck drivers, with the features that matter to you.