Wireless audio devices are convenient and easy to use; however, it is not uncommon to experience some problems.
Most of the time, the issue is that the Bluetooth earbuds are not connecting to your device. While this is stressful, difficulties when pairing Heyday wireless earbuds can be fixed with simple instructions.
How Do You Put Heyday Earbuds in Pairing Mode?
Putting your Heyday earbuds in pairing mode is a straightforward process:
- Take out your Heyday wireless earbuds from the case, so they switch on. If they were not in the case or are turned off, press the buttons of both earbuds for 1 second to switch them on.
- Switch your Bluetooth on your laptop/phone/tablet, and pair it with the device named “HEYDAY EARBUD 04” or something similar.
- The indicator light on the right earcup will flash white-red quickly while it begins the pairing process. The indicator light on the left earcup will show a white light. This means that the pairing was successful.
Troubleshooting Connection Issues with Different Devices
While the previous section discussed the general steps to connect Heyday wireless earbuds to devices, it’s important to consider that troubleshooting can vary slightly depending on the device you’re pairing with. Here’s a quick guide for some common devices:
- Pairing with a Windows PC: On your PC, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on. Select ‘Add Bluetooth or other device,’ then choose ‘Bluetooth.’ Your PC will start searching for available devices. Select your Heyday earbuds from the list to complete the pairing.
- Pairing with a Mac: On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. If Bluetooth is turned off, turn it on. The Mac will begin searching for available Bluetooth devices. Click ‘Connect’ next to the name of your Heyday earbuds.
- Pairing with an iOS device: On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Ensure Bluetooth is turned on. Under ‘Other Devices,’ select your Heyday earbuds.
- Pairing with an Android device: On your Android device, open the Settings app. Tap Connected devices > Pair new device. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on. From the list of available devices, tap your Heyday earbuds.
If you’re having trouble pairing with a specific device, it might be worth exploring device-specific forums or support pages for more tailored advice.
How to Fix Heyday Wireless Earbuds Pairing Problems
If you can’t get your earbuds to pair at all, don’t worry! Here are some simple solutions to fix your Heyday earbuds connectivity issues to get the music going.
Forget and re-pair the Heyday Earbuds
Since these are true wireless earbuds, they often have a specific pairing method for one-bud listening. So, you may have paired one bud on its own.
This may cause a glitch, which causes both of them to stop working. Unpairing and re-pairing the Bluetooth device should solve this.
For Apple devices, go to settings, then general, and reset network settings. This will remove all saved Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices.
For Android devices, go to settings, search for apps and notifications, tap show all to see a list of all the apps, then tap the three dots to show system apps. Scroll down to the Bluetooth option, go to storage, and clear the data.
There are other options you can do, which will require you to re-pair all your Bluetooth devices. However, if nothing works, you can try them.
Sometimes, the problem may lie with your Apple or Android device itself, so try rebooting it before pairing the earbuds.
Remove other Bluetooth devices
If you used your Heyday earbuds on different devices, such as your laptop, they might not connect to your phone. Sometimes, these earbuds cannot connect to multiple devices.
Ensure the Bluetooth of other devices is switched off and not within the range of the earbuds and your phone. The disconnection will make Heyday wireless earbuds start scanning for available Bluetooth devices.
Disconnect other Bluetooth headphones
Make sure your phone is not connected to various nearby earphones or other devices. This will make them automatically connect to your phone as soon as the Bluetooth is switched on. You should clear out your Bluetooth cache and old paired devices from your memory.
For Apple devices, go to the Bluetooth settings, click the ‘I’ next to a device, and click Forget this Device. For an Android device, tap the settings next to a paired earbud and choose to forget or unpair. This may solve your connection problem with your Heyday wireless earbuds.
Make sure both devices are compatible
Bluetooth has gone through many improvements and advancements over the years. Newer devices use Bluetooth 5.0, Bluetooth 5.1, or even Bluetooth 5.2 or 5.3, which have become the standard phone Bluetooth version. However, older models of phones and laptops may not support Heyday earbuds. Check the supported versions on the headphones and device to ensure that they are compatible.
Charge your Heyday wireless earbuds & Charging case
If your earbuds’ battery is low, pairing it to a device will be harder. Before attempting to pair your devices, charge them to 100%. This may help in your case!
Additionally, be sure that your charging case is not drained.
Check for firmware updates
You should check if the Heyday wireless earbuds need a firmware update. It’s advised to keep your earbuds updated with the current software, which will keep your devices running properly and prevents bugs.
You can also reset Heyday wireless earbuds by press-holding the power button on the back of the right earbud for seven seconds. The indicator light on the back of the left earbud should start flashing red and white. This will show that the Bluetooth device has been reset.
Use Reset Button on Charging Case
Some Heyday earbud models have a reset button or pinhole located on the charging case. For these models, resetting the earbuds is simple.
First, as mentioned above, be sure that the earbuds and case are both fully charged. Next, press the reset button for 10+ seconds. Then, remove earbuds from the case and attempt to pair them to your phone or other device.
Why Do I Only Hear Sound From One Side of my Wireless Headphones?
Heyday true wireless earbuds are usually associated with this audio problem. This Bluetooth device allows you to listen on one earbud while putting the other off; they may not pair again with each other straight away.
Re-pair the earbuds with each other
With true wireless earbuds, one would pair to your device; then they would pair with each other, which confuses when they lose the second connection. You can reboot the Bluetooth device by putting them in the charging case, closing the lid, and waiting for 10 seconds.
Putting them back in the case gives them the chance to find each other and re-pair, which should solve your problem.
Bring the earbuds closer
Most Bluetooth pairing problems come from being too far away from your device. While most Bluetooth headphones can be pretty far apart, there are still other signals in the room that fill the airwaves, which causes connectivity problems.
Get closer to your Heyday earbuds and move away from other electronics to see if they work properly.
Adjust the stereo balance
Stereo balance is also another key culprit in one earbud not working. Your devices can customize the sound output on both earbuds, commonly used for hard-of-hearing users.
Unless this option is disabled, your device will distribute the sound toward one side. You can fix this by doing the following steps.
For Android devices:
- Go to the settings app.
- Find accessibility and select hearing enhancements.
- You would see a slider that notes the left/right sound balance.
- Adjust the slider until the maker is in the middle.
For Apple devices:
- Go to settings and then to accessibility.
- Go to the hearting section and go to audio/visual.
- Adjust the slider to be in the middle between L and R.
- Ensure that mono audio is turned off.
Clean your earbuds
Simply, one of your Heyday true wireless earbuds may just be dirty! Before you clean your earbuds, remember not to hold them under running water or other liquids. Always make sure that they are off before cleaning.
Easily clean your earbuds by following these instructions:
- Mix half a cup of warm water with ¼ teaspoon of mild dishwashing liquid. Remove the silicone tips and soak them in this solution for about 30 minutes.
- Clean and dry the tips using a cotton wipe to get rid of wax and dirt. Rinse with warm water and let them air-dry on a lint-free cloth. Don’t put them back on your earbuds if they are still wet.
- Clean the earbuds using a paper towel that is slightly damp with the dishwashing liquid solution. Use a q-tip to remove any visible dirt, wax, and lint.
How can I extend the battery life of my Heyday earbuds?
To extend the battery life of your Heyday earbuds, keep them in the charging case when not in use. Lowering the volume can also help, as higher volumes consume more power. Lastly, regularly updating your earbuds’ firmware can optimize battery performance.
Do Heyday earbuds have a warranty?
Yes, Heyday earbuds generally come with a one-year limited warranty that covers manufacturing defects. It’s advisable to check with the retailer or on the brand’s official website for precise warranty details.
Are Heyday earbuds compatible with all Bluetooth devices?
Heyday earbuds should work with most Bluetooth-enabled devices. However, make sure the Bluetooth version of your device is compatible with the earbuds. Newer versions of Bluetooth are backward compatible, meaning they should work with older versions, but it’s always wise to check.
How do I clean the charging case of Heyday earbuds?
Cleaning the charging case is just as important as cleaning the earbuds themselves. Use a dry, lint-free cloth to gently wipe the exterior of the case. For the interior and charging contacts, use a cotton swab lightly dampened with isopropyl alcohol.
Why won’t my Heyday earbuds connect to my computer?
If your Heyday earbuds won’t connect to your computer, try resetting the Bluetooth on your computer, forgetting other Bluetooth devices that might be interfering, or updating the computer’s Bluetooth driver. Also, make sure your computer’s operating system and the earbuds’ firmware are up-to-date.
How long do Heyday earbuds last?
The earbuds should last you about 6 hours with whole-day use.
Why are my Heyday earbuds flashing?
A flashing light means that you need to charge your earbuds. It can also indicate pairing to your phone or to each other.
Can I shower with earbuds?
Heyday earbuds are not waterproof, so you cannot shower with them. However, they are made from a water-resistant material that can withstand sweat, little splashes of water, and rain. You should always check your headphones’ technical specs to see if they are waterproof before exposing them to water.
Hopefully, one of these solutions worked for your Heyday true wireless earbuds connection issues. If not, then you should contact customer support for more information.