Skullcandy is a popular budget-friendly alternative to premium audio products, recognized for its affordability and accessibility. It offers a broad range of devices, from $200 headphones to $10 earbuds, available at retailers nationwide.
No matter what type of Skullcandy you own, this article will guide you through resetting its Bluetooth connection, an essential process often overlooked in standard instruction manuals.
We’ll provide clear, concise directions for resetting all Skullcandy devices, helping you reconnect your music with ease.
Resetting Skullcandy Earbuds & Headphones
Though this guide covers existing Skullcandy products, it’s inevitable new models will be released after its publication. For those future scenarios, we’re providing a basic procedure applicable to most Skullcandy devices. Note, we won’t be detailing button locations, as those vary by model. Refer to your device’s manual for specifics.
Here’s how you can reset most Skullcandy products:
Step 1: Ensure your Skullcandy product is not currently paired with any device.
- Visit the Bluetooth menu of the device your headphones/earbuds are connected to.
- Remove your Skullcandy product from the list of paired devices.
- You may also turn off Bluetooth to ensure the device ‘forgets’ your headphones/earbuds.
Step 2: Turn off your Skullcandy headphones or earbuds.
- Allow a few seconds to make sure they’re completely powered down.
Step 3: With your Skullcandy device off, press and hold both the ‘+’ button on the volume control and the power button simultaneously.
- Hold both for at least five seconds.
Step 4: If done correctly, your Skullcandy product should now be reset and ready to pair with a new device.
How To Reset Skullcandy Indy Evo
The first product we will be going over today is the aesthetically pleasing and subtle Indy Evo earbuds. Whether you have a minimal black exterior or the specialty Budweiser cover, the instructions for resetting these sleek earbuds are the same.
- Like the previous instructions, go ahead and unpair your earbuds in your smart device’s Bluetooth menu. You can also turn off Bluetooth to make sure they are not still paired.
- Press and hold the main power button on both earbuds for a total of six seconds to shut them off.
- Once they are shut off, press and hold the same power button for no less than 10 seconds.
- After the ten seconds pass, place your Indy Evo earbuds into their case and wait for the corresponding LED lights to flash red. You can now remove them from the case, the earbuds will power on without assistance and the LED will show blue while they connect to each other.
- An audio prompt will inform you when the buds have synced.
After this, the earbuds can be paired very simply with any device of your choosing.
How To Reset Skullcandy Dime Earbuds
Resetting the Skullcandy Dime earbuds is not as hard as it may first appear. Follow the instructions below and this process should be complete in under a minute, if not less.
- Shut off the Bluetooth capability on your smart device and forget the earbuds in your dropdown menu of compatible Bluetooth devices.
- Remove your earbuds from their case and in a few moments they will turn on on their own.
- Double-check that your earbuds are not connected, then hit one of the earbud buttons twice and hold it down for no less than two seconds.
- Congratulations, you have successfully reset your Skullcandy Dime earbuds.
A red and blue alternating light will prompt you that you can now pair your earbuds should you choose to.
How To Reset Skullcandy Jib Earbuds
For those of us who fancy a pair of headphones that look like a miniature jump rope strewn across the back of our neck – and who wouldn’t – the Skullcandy Jib earbuds are an ideal choice.
- First things first, make sure that your device has forgotten your Skullcandy Jib earbuds and has its Bluetooth turned off.
- Now, take out your earbuds from their charging case and turn them off. This can be accomplished by pressing down on both power buttons for at least four seconds.
- When both earbuds are powered off, press down on both buttons again for at least ten seconds. This will reset your earbuds but also go through a process of powering them on and off once more.
- Your earbuds will power on by themselves if done correctly and the lights will blink blue to indicate that the earbuds are connecting to one another.
Congratulations, you have successfully reset your Skullcandy Jib earbuds!
How To Reset Skullcandy Push Earbuds
A personal favorite of mine, these little auditory isopods comfortably fit into your ear, unfortunately, they do not reset quite as smoothly. They do look really great, however. This is an objective truth and in no way the personal opinion of the author of this article.
- You guessed it, switch off the Bluetooth to your smart device after you forget the Skullcandy earbuds from your dropdown list in the Bluetooth menu.
- Take out your Push earbuds from their charging case and turn them off manually.
(The instructions listed by Skullcandy from here out are admittedly a bit confusing, try to stick with me.)
- Press down on both power buttons on each earbud for no less than six seconds.
- If they are not powered off, make sure you do power them off now.
- Once they are completely shut down, hold both power buttons for at least ten seconds, this will reset your earbuds.
To check if you did the instructions correctly, place both earbuds back into the charging case after. If the LED is red, pull them out of the case. This will cause both earbuds to turn on and the two LED lights will begin to blink blue. Congratulations, you have reset your Push earbuds despite Skullcandy’s convoluted design.
How To Reset Skullcandy Sesh Earbuds
One of the more affordable wireless options on the market today, these earbuds have a fairly simplistic setup to reset them back to default pairing settings.
- Remove your Sesh earbuds from the list of compatible devices in your Bluetooth menu, then turn off your Bluetooth on the currently paired smart device.
- Now take out only the left earbud and press the button on it six times, this will cause the light to blink red and turn off the earbud. You can now place the earbud back into its case.
- Now do everything in step two exactly as you did before but with the right earbud instead.
- If successful, the earbuds will begin to pair with one another the next time they are removed from the charging case. You can determine this by a beeping audio prompt.
Nothing to it! You are now free to pair your Sesh earbuds with any device you see fit to connect to.
How To Reset Skullcandy Crusher Headphones
If you have decided to go with wireless headphones instead of earbuds, feel free to breathe a sigh of relief. The process of resetting your Skullcandy headphones is incredibly easy, despite the lack of practical information one can find on the internet regarding the topic.
- Press down and hold both the upper and lower buttons on the right side of your headphones and wait for the LEDs to flash yellow for three seconds.
- Take off your Skullcandy headphones from any and all Bluetooth compatible lists you have on your smart devices.
- The headphones should now be successfully reset.
If this process feels simplistic and easy, just thank your lucky stars you didn’t purchase the Skullcandy Push earbuds.
How To Reset Skullcandy Hesh & Riff Headphones
Whether you use Skullcandy Hesh headphones or prefer the Skullcandy Riff’s – they have a nearly identical reset process.
- Take off your Skullcandy headphones from any Bluetooth compatibility lists and then turn off Bluetooth from your smart devices.
- At the same time, you will want to hold down both the volume down button and the main button on your headphones for no less than three seconds. After the LED blinks, an audio prompt will let you know it is disconnected.
- The headphones will then begin to pair, which indicates the headphones have been successfully reset. To make absolutely certain they have been reset, wait for a vocal queue that says “pairing”.
Not so bad, eh? Your headphones are now ready to be paired with any new devices you may choose.
There is no shortage of reasons why we may need to reset our wireless headphones and the inability to do so from a lack of instruction is very time-consuming and frustrating.
With articles like this one, you can confidently work through any problems you may experience from your Skullcandy device. If you need any pairing or resetting advice for other brands of headphones, be sure to check out our other articles for more information!
What should I do if my Skullcandy device doesn’t reset after following the steps?
Make sure you’ve followed each step accurately. If the device still doesn’t reset, it may be due to low battery. Charge your device fully and then try the reset process again. Consult the owner’s manual to see if your model has different steps for resetting. If the problem persists, consider contacting Skullcandy customer support.
Can I pair my Skullcandy device with multiple devices at the same time?
Most Skullcandy products are designed to remember multiple devices, but they can only be actively connected to one device at a time. You would need to disconnect from the current device before connecting to a new one.
How long should I charge my Skullcandy device before the first use?
While it varies by product, most Skullcandy devices come partially charged. However, it’s generally a good idea to fully charge new electronics before the first use. Check your device’s manual for specific instructions.