Harman Kardon speakers come with a detailed and comprehensive user manual to facilitate easy usage — even for people who are not comfortable with using different types of tech gadgets and devices. Despite this, tech devices and gadgets can sometimes stop working – and this can happen for a variety of reasons.
A Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 speaker that won’t pair pairing is a common issue that users might face.
Now there can be a host of reasons for this to happen. However, one of the simplest solutions or fixes to this problem is a reset. In fact, in most cases, users of Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 speakers will find that a simple reset will actually address most issues, including any pairing issues that they might face.
So, if you are wondering what you should do if your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 speakers are not pairing, then this post is for you.
In this post you will find a detailed guide on how to fix not only pairing issues for your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 speakers, but also fixes for other Harman Kardon speaker models such as the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2, Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 4, and Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 7.
Why is my Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 Speaker not Pairing?
There can be a number of reasons why your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 might not be pairing. One of the common reasons could be that your devices are not in pairing mode. It could also be because your Bluetooth devices are out of range (which would not be good if you need that sound to destroy an alien from The Quiet Place or receive critical information from Jack Bauer).
If you are facing issues with a Bluetooth connection, then you could turn off the Bluetooth and then try turning it back on. This can sometimes fix the issue.
There could be other factors as well that might be hampering successful pairing of your speakers.
As mentioned above, the most common fix for most problems (including pairing issues) for your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 is a simple reset. If you are facing consistent Bluetooth connection issues, then even in that case resetting your devices can help.
How Do You Put A Harman Kardon Speaker In Pairing Mode?
To put your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 in pairing mode, follow these steps:
- First turn on your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 speaker by pressing the power button.
- Next press and hold the pairing/Bluetooth button – this will put the device into pairing mode.
- Enable Bluetooth on your smartphone and wait till your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 appears on the list of devices and select it and you are done.
- If the pairing does not happen, repeat the process or simply turn the Bluetooth off and on again on your smartphone.
How to do a Simple Reset for your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 Speakers?
While different speaker brands are designed with their own unique features and hardware, it is not uncommon to find these differences, even among different models of the same brand.
So, for example, the certain buttons could be placed in a different position on different models of a device, even if they belong to the same brand. However, regardless of the positioning of these buttons, the action that follows upon activating or pressing the buttons will lead to the same results.
This is a simple guide to resetting your Harmon Kardon Bluetooth speaker. Note that these steps are common for any Harman Kardon Bluetooth speaker model, including the Onyx Studio 6 model.
- First, make sure your speaker is turned on.
- You can check the LED indicator to confirm if the device is turned on.
- Make sure that all the devices that were originally paired with the speaker are unplugged and/or have bluetooth turned off.
- Delete the speaker from your smartphone (iOS or Android) – you can do this by selecting your speaker model name from the Bluetooth list on your smartphone and then selecting “Forget device.”
- Next, press and hold the Bluetooth button and the volume up (+) button together for 5-10 seconds.
- This will cause the speaker to beep briefly and then the device will turn off.
- At this point, the factory settings will get restored.
- Next, go ahead and press the power button to turn on the speaker – your speaker will be ready for pairing with the device of your choice when the speaker turns back on.
- You can now pair your device and enjoy!
How can I reset my Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2?
If you have a Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2, then you can perform a simple reset by following the below steps.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 3 to 5 seconds.
- This will cause your speaker to restart.
- You will know the speaker is ready for pairing when the LED starts blinking.
- Once this is done, you can then go ahead and check for the availability of the speaker on your device and complete the pairing process.
How do I reset my Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 4?
Here are some easy-to-follow steps to perform a reset for your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 4.
- First, make sure that your device is on before resetting.
- Next, press and hold down the Bluetooth button along with the volume up (+) button.
- Continue to press and hold till the speaker turns off.
- Turn the device on again by pressing the power button.
- Now your speaker will be ready for pairing.
- Select the speaker among available Bluetooth listings on the device of your choice.
- Select the HK Onyx Studio 4 speaker and complete the pairing process with the device.
Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 7 – Features and Capabilities
Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 7 is the latest version of the Onyx Studio series. While the older 5 and 6 generations sported seashell-shaped designs, the Onyx Studio 7 model is designed to look different.
Here it’s crucial to note that the Bluetooth pairing method of the brand-new Onyx Studio 7 is different from the other speakers and models. So instead of long-pressing the Bluetooth pairing button to initiate the pairing process, all you have to do is short press the Bluetooth pairing button.
Once you do this, wireless devices with Bluetooth functions (which include smartphones) will automatically search for the speakers in the Bluetooth settings.
Another difference with the Onyx Studio 7 is that unlike previous models, shutdown and pairing sounds are crisp.
And while the Onyx Studio 7 is built to support Bluetooth protocol with version 4.2, it uses the SBC encoding format for audio. Also, the speakers don’t have any higher encoding options.
Pertaining to this, the Onyx studio 7 doesn’t support WiFi. So, the speakers will play music only through Bluetooth or via wired connection.
How to reset your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 7 speaker
If you are facing pairing issues with your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 7, then you can perform a reset.
Here’s what you can do:
- First unplug the speaker from the power source.
- Next, Press and hold the power button on the speaker for around 10 seconds – this is to power off the device.
- Press the button again to turn on the speaker – you can now go ahead with the pairing process.
Harman Kardon Speakers: Common Issues and Simple Fixes
Harman Kardon is a well-known brand for premium speakers in the market today. Pertaining to this, sometimes users might face issues that dilute the quality of the audio and sound experience. There are also times when the speakers might stop functioning.
Here are some of the most common reasons why your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 speaker might stop working.
- Charging issues – make sure your device is charged completely
- Other Devices – If your speakers are connected to other devices ensure the audio cables are securely connected to your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 speakers.
- Volume Setting – Ensure that your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 speakers are not muted and make sure the volume setting is not all the way down on your source device (e.g. your phone).
- Remove Obstacles and Reduce Electromagnetic Interference – If you have many devices in the same space, you might get a buzzing noise or other types of noise disturbances. Consider moving your speakers away and check the performance again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can resetting fix pairing issues I might be facing with my Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 Speakers?
As mentioned above, Bluetooth pairing can fail because of several reasons which could include hardware or software problems. In most cases, however, a simple reset will allow the speaker to pair afresh with your device of choice and help address any factors that might be hampering successful pairing.
Is Resetting Harmful to the Lifecycle of my Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 Speakers?
The simple answer is NO.
The most common factor that can impact the lifecycle of your Harman Kardon speaker is the manner in which your take care of your device. So, the number of times you perform a reset will have absolutely no impact on your speakers. If anything, a reset will help address common issues that you might be facing with your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 speakers.
If, based on what’s been said, you are concerned about the longevity of your speaker, you can always consult with an expert about what steps you can take to ensure a long lifecycle for your speakers.
If you have been experiencing pairing issues with your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 speakers, then you can use the above listed steps to perform a reset.
In most cases, a simple reset can quickly rectify the issue and also help address any other issues that you might facing so you can continue to enjoy a premium sound experience with your Harman Kardon Onyx 6.