Bose has become a giant in the audio equipment industry and is easily one of the most iconic names across all speaker brands.
What you may not know is that they have also made some fairly quality wireless earbuds over the years as well. While these products can be very efficient and easy to use, pairing can at times feel more like a headache than a function.
When it comes to pairing, most Bose products are going to be very similar in how you choose to pair them.
The minor differences are going to come from resetting your individual earbuds, which we will go over in greater detail below.
In this article, you will learn to connect your earbuds to both iPhone and Android devices as well as Mac and Windows computers. Before that, let’s discuss how to reset each type of Bose Earbud.
How to Reset Bose Earbuds
At the time of this article, there are four wireless earbuds you can purchase that are manufactured by Bose.
The biggest difference between these devices is that certain products are going to have a Bluetooth button within the charging case itself, and others will have to rely on their automatic pairing ability.
This is a very easy problem to solve, however, and both types of earbuds can be reliably paired and reset.
Bose QuietComfort & Bose Sport Earbuds — Resetting
To reset your Bose QuietComfort or Bose Sport (Open) earbuds, you will need to do the following:
- Place your earbuds into the charging case and hook the charging case up to the charger cable, with the lid closed.
- Keep it closed for five seconds.
- Open the lid of the case and locate the Bluetooth button.
- Hold down the Bluetooth button located in the middle of the case and wait for the headphone lights to turn from white to a blinking blue. It is recommended you hold down the button for at least thirty seconds.
- Remove the earbuds from the previous device they were connected to in the Bluetooth settings of the device.
- Your earbuds are now able to pair with a new device!
Bose Soundsport Earbuds – Resetting
To Reset your Bose Soundsport earbuds, you will need to do the following:
- Insert your earbuds into the charging case.
- Plug the charging case into the charging cable. Make sure the charging cable is plugged into a USB power outlet adapter and not a USB port.
- Count to five slowly.
- Remove the charging cable from your earbuds charging case
- Count to sixty seconds, or get a drink. Just let a minute pass.
- You can now take the earbuds out of the charging case, they will be fully reset.
Now that we have covered how to reset all Bose earbuds, let’s go over the pairing process.
Pairing Bose Earbuds
Now depending on which Bose product you have, the Bluetooth button is going to be located on a certain part of the product. Finding this is imperative for the pairing process if the earbud doesn’t automatically start in pairing mode.
The Bluetooth button will either be located inside the charging case (on the center display) or on one of the earbuds itself.
Pairing Bose Earbuds to an Android
To connect to your Android, you will need to make sure that your earbuds are in pairing mode. All Bose earbuds will blink blue when they are in pairing mode.
- While your earbuds are in pairing mode, go into settings (Gear icon) and locate Connected devices, click on Bluetooth. Alternatively, you can swipe down with one finger to bring down the dropdown menu, and hold down the Bluetooth button.
- Turn on the Bluetooth option.
- You will be presented with previously paired devices and devices that are available for pairing.
- Navigate to your Bose earbuds, then click on them.
- Wait for the confirmation and you are successfully paired.
Pairing Bose Earbuds to an iPhone
The process for an iPhone is very similar to that of an Android, the only difference is an alternative user interface.
- Navigate to the Settings (gear icon) option on your iPhone.
- Find the Bluetooth toggle and change it to on.
- It will begin to look for devices to pair with. After a short delay, your Bose earbuds should appear.
- Click on the name of your Bose earbuds.
- After another brief delay, your earbuds will be successfully paired to your iPhone.
Pairing Bose Earbuds to Windows
It can feel intimidating for those who aren’t tech-savvy to hook up Bluetooth devices to a personal computer, though it is far easier than you might think.
- In the bottom-left corner of your screen, left-click on the Start or Windows button.
- For most modern Windows operating systems, the Settings (gear icon) menu will be on the left of the start menu. Alternatively, you can type “settings” into the search bar and left-click the gear icon and/or Settings menu.
- Click on Devices > Bluetooth and other Devices (you can also search this in the search bar) then switch on Bluetooth.
- Now left-click on Add a Bluetooth Device and wait for your Bose earbuds to appear.
- Click on the Bose earbuds and after a brief delay, they will be paired to your Windows computer.
Pairing Bose Earbuds to Mac
Not unlike mobile devices, the difference between Windows and Mac computers when it comes to pairing is very slight.
- On the top left corner of your screen will be the Apple menu, click on it.
- Navigate to System Preferences and click on it.
- Click on Bluetooth, turn it on, and allow a few seconds for devices to appear.
- Once it becomes available in the options list, click on your Bose earbuds and then click Connect.
- After a minor wait, your earbuds will be paired with your Mac.
Pairing Bose Earbuds to a Smart Television
If your television has Bluetooth functionality, then you are more than able to listen to your favorite tunes through it with a few simple steps.
- Go to the Settings menu on your television.
- Navigate to the Sound menu and look for Sound Out or Sound Output. Alternatively, you may have to look for General > Accessibility then click on Multi-Output Audio if you are using a Samsung TV.
- Your television is going to start listing off previously paired and available devices. Locate and select your Bose earbuds.
- Your device should pair with your Bose earbuds. For LGTV, you will have to select LG Sound Sync/BlueTooth and click on Device Selection.
Pairing Bose Earbuds to an Apple TV
Apple has made pairing with their televisions significantly simpler than that of their competitors.
- Go to the Settings Menu.
- Go to Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth and search for Bluetooth Devices
- Your headphones will appear from the list of available devices, click on them.
- Your television might prompt you for your user PIN, enter it. Your device will now be paired.
Swift Moves How-To’s:
Pairing doesn’t have to be nearly as daunting as it seems.
The process of connecting your Bluetooth devices is getting easier by the day as companies like Bose have made the process delightfully simple.
So the next time you don’t know how to reset your Bose earbuds or pair them with your Android, come give this article a peek!